The Islamic Society of CNY, known as ISCNY aims to enhance understanding and dispel the many misconceptions about Islam. Our mission is to encourage people of all ages and ethnic groups to learn and develop their knowledge of Islam, to bridge the gap between the communities by providing the necessary resources.
REACHING OUT TO ALL HUMANITY, to serve and engage Muslims by promoting the values and teaching of Islam and to advocate intrafaith and interfaith harmony in a multicultural environment in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah.
To promote Islam as a true religion by means of engaging good conduct and good behavior towards all members of our surrounding community.
We will work to enhance and improve the respect and cultivate our identity in the community with special consideration for the cultural diversity in the city of Syracuse. We seek to improve and develop the skills and well-being of our members and our programs to benefit the wider community.
- Establishing congregational prayers and carry out other religious activities that are open fully to men, women, and children.
- Practicing principles of moderation, tolerance, inclusiveness and conflict avoidance within the structural limits of the Quran and Sunnah in order to create unity among Muslims.
- Arranging educational programs for all members of the family.
- Promoting joint action among Muslim organizations in Central New York area
- Developing a mutual understanding with and among non-Muslims in order to communicate effectively the principles of Islam to them.
- We say NO to fanaticism, and dictatorship in the name of religion.
- We believe in sacrificing, volunteerism, cooperation, forgiveness, tolerance, compassion, and action rather than words.
- Our Masjid is our place of gathering, learning, sanctity, and a place for connecting with Allah SWT and the community. A place to cultivate hassanat (good deeds) for the eternal life hereafter.