The Food Pantry Service provides food for individuals and families who are in financial difficulty and are unable to afford to purchase adequate food for their needs.
Operations of Food Pantry are primarily supported through donations by the community.
We encourage community members to donate money to support the activities of the ISCNY Food Pantry.
Who is eligible?
This service is made available to all people – inside and outside the community, Muslim and non-Muslim. Food Packages are prepared and distributed to those in need.
How to apply for food pantry benefits?
The objective of the Food Pantry Service is to reach as many needy people as possible; the amount of food given is proportionate to the size of the family.
Each participant is required to fill out forms and register with the Food Pantry to receive this benefit.
Location and Hours
Food Pantry Guidelines
1. ONLY Authorized Personnel are allowed inside the Food Pantry Storage Area.
2. All individuals are required to fill out and sign the necessary paperwork to receive food aid through the ISCNY Food Pantry.
3. Recipients must create an orderly line at the designated area to receive food aid. Once the food has been received it is requested that recipients vacate the Food Pantry area promptly as to make room for others waiting in line.
4. At each visit, recipients are required to verify their name/address with the Food Pantry staff, and sign appropriate documentation in order to receive Food Aid.
5. All recipients of food are required to be present in order to receive this aid. If, however, recipients are unable to come because of extenuating circumstances (continuous medical illness, on the job, etc), appropriate paper-work needs to be completed in order to provide this aid.
6. Requests for additional or special food items available in the pantry can be made to Food Pantry Staff; the decision will be made by the Food Pantry Aid staff on duty.
7. Any individual exhibiting unacceptable behavior will be requested to leave and may be denied food assistance, and/or be reported to the authorities.