YOUTH ACTIVITIES COUNCIL (YAC)
This group works hard AND plays hard. Events are tailored to youth interests and include a range of social, educational and community service activities. , YAC is striving to become a safe space where youth are free to express yourselves, assume active roles in their own development and form friendships with other youth in our community.
Age requirements (16+): All brothers and sisters who are 16 years old or above are welcome to join the youth group. This age requirement is in place because some topics, events, and goals addressed may not be appropriate for younger children. We invite youth older than 18 to become involved with the youth group as youth leaders/mentors.
- Youth Halaqa
- Youth Speaks: Poetry Night
- Youth Iftar
- Movie Night
- Full Event Calendar HERE
Group etiquettes and expectations:
- Members must show respect for leaders, elders and each other
- We expect appropriate interactions between the opposite gender (PPL – Public, Purposeful, Limited!)
- No cursing or foul language will be tolerated
- Disrespecting the masjid or any group member in no way is acceptable
- Members are expected &required to demonstrate proper Islamic etiquettes at all times
Support Youth Activities Council (Y.A.C.) programming by selecting
the “Youth Programs” tab in the drop down menu.