October 4, 6, 7, 2016 | Voter Registration Drive
YAC is dedicated to to increasing civic engagement in the Muslim community!! The Youth Activities Council (YAC) will be hosting a voter registration drive at the Islamic Society of Central NY on October 4th and 6th before and after isha prayers and Friday, October 7th after jumma.
Qualifications to Register to Vote
- be a United States citizen
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote)
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election
- not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Source: NYS Board of Elections
Identification Requirements to Register to Vote
Applicant must provide either a valid DMV identification number (driver’s license or non-driver ID) or the last four digits of your social security number. An applicant who does not have one of these forms of ID can use the following:
- a valid photo ID;
- a copy of a current utility bill
- a bank statement
- a paycheck
- a government check or
- some other government document that shows the applicant’s name and address.
The New York Voter Registration Application states that one must attach an ID to the application if one is registering for the first time in the county. If an applicant does not provide this identification information at the time of application, he/she will be required to provide this information when voting.
VOTER REGISTRATION | UMMA IN ACTION | Reema Ahmad | Chicago